Do you love websites based on bootstrap. If yes, then here I am presenting Standard theme review. It’s completely commercial wordpress theme. The complete code has been written on Twitter’s open source framework Bootstrap V2. Its latest version is 3 and it was launched on 29th July ( I think So ). A lot of improvement has been performed.
Considering the functionality, updates and base you have three different options with different rates. Standard Theme offers two different options for self hosted wordpress blog or website and one option for blogs hosted with wordpress.com. But one thing is common with all of them and that’s : The most powerful and outstanding base for search engine optimized theme.
Why Its Built For You ?
If you are a webmaster, blogger or an online business owner. You will never like you blog or website going down in search results. Among other 200 factors, few of them can be poorly coded framework, bad design and too much page load time.
Standard has been built out of simplicity, yet keeping the power of functionality.
- You will never face the problems with W3C validation.
- You design is completely different, and it can be customized further with custom child themes.
- It has built-in powerful SEO features for each post, page, and every other blocks.
- Standard is even much more intelligent.
- It can turn off its SEO features when you install plugins like WordPress SEO or All in one SEO. Lets move deeper :
Improvements In Standard Theme Review
Verification : Developers have verified the code from the Automattic ( Builders of WordPress ). Now this ensure us that our blog is supported by one of the most secured, powerful and functional theme.
Joost De Valk : I think you know him. ” He is the developer of world’s famous plugin WordPress SEO by Yoast “. He is the person who is specialized in the field of search engine optimization. He had worked for major ” Daddy ” Brands in the field on online commerce and blogging..
It also consists of all the suggestions provided by this particular genius. You can simply say : ” He did the operation of this theme ”
Made For Future : 8BIT have taken care of latest update of wordpress. They have mad standard future proof by making is device responsive. Now your readers can read your articles from their iPhone, or Tablets without any problem. The best part is the support for child themes. The developers are currently working on it. In the support forum you can easily get more than 70 plus tutorials.
Light Weight : I think you know very well, the importance of page load time for better search engine positioning. Google has been considering the page load time as one among the 200 different factors, which they consider before ranking any domain on SERPs. Since its has very minimal design, so the complete focus is made on content. This makes your blog load much faster and more engaging.
Socially Activated : You don’t need to install any plugin for social engagement. You have options to add the bookmarking icons ( small or bog ). Add them on sidebar, above header and other places with custom modification.
You also have options to provide your readers to get connected with you. Give them links of your Facebook, Google plus, twitter account and have fun.
Latest Widget : A new custom widget for your blog. This is actually called activity tab. It shows the most recent, popular posts. Shows the latest comments and Tags.
Customize the look of your blog as per your need. All of the settings provided below falls under ” Presentation ”
- Adding custom Logo
- Ability to add your own custom profile image
- Custom default avatar
- Option to upload icon for your website or blog
- Choosing the left or right sidebar
- Contrast settings
Setting Listed below fall under ” Global Settings ”
- Ability to add Google Analytic code
- Feed-burner Integration. This will enable the RSS button in your header area.
- You can even add the affiliate code, so that when your readers or visitors buy this awesome wordpress template, you will earn the commission.
Settings Provided below falls under ” Social ” and ” Publishing ”
- Positioning the menus
- Author box placement in individual posts and pages
- And then finally you get options to add social buttons
- You also get options to select the custom social button. You have to just drag and drop them. You can also upload your own icons.
With Standard Theme you also get six different types of post formats. Each of them carry their own unique look
Improved Page-load time : Since is code is very clean and compressed, the style-sheet size is very less. Use of the image have been replaced with custom use of CSS3 and HTML. Whatever type of modification you do with it, it will always be W3C validated. So what are you waiting for, go ahead and download it.
So finally considering me, if you need a theme which is responsive, powerful, feature rich and is very intelligent then just move with Standard theme. Their is almost no other choice in such cost range.