How to remove irrelevant unnatural backlinks so as to recovery from Penguin. ‘There were times when linking could not harm the site ranking but then suddenly came the storm named “Penguin”. Penguin is one another strict step taken by Google to stop Web-Spam.
Indeed, this Google update has changed the scenario in the online marketing realm. Matt Cutts’ stated in March 2012 that Google is on drive to combat “over optimized” websites. And the consequence was, many blogs were taken away from Google’s index and Matt declared on his twitter account that Google has begun its cleaning spree and has targeted the blog networks.
According to the update, any website that has created unnatural looking back-link profile with a methodology of the exact match anchor text will be considered as spam by the Google. And now everybody wants to get rid of the unnatural link because of the penalization.
Low Quality Backlinks : Get Them out For Instant Penguin Recovery
If the Google Penguin update had hit you harder then it is desirable to take care of your bad links, which can be easily searched. You can begin with the scrutiny of the backlinks in order to locate the percentage or number of low quality backlinks. However, a manual assessment is only feasible for small websites as analysis and gathering of the backlinks can be done in an easier manner.
On the contrary, bigger sites with several hundred backlinks make investigation difficult. If you wanted to know about the record of a backlink of a huge website then you have to pay for the same as cost is involved in digging the link. There are a few tools that lent free information but it is good to pay for the deep data sourcing.
SEOMoz Open Site Explorer, ahrefs Site Explorer and Majestic site Explorer are some of the good backlink detecting tools. All these three tools are excellent that let you have detailed and clear look at your backlinks and also at the anchor text distribution. However, you will notice variations in the data resulted by the three tools. The reason for such differentiation is the uniqueness in the indexes leading to different backlink numbers. Hence, using more than one tool will help you locate all the backlinks that need your attention.
Here is the process explaining the assessment of the links that enable you to move in a wiser way for taking immediate actions and you can also overcome the losses of your links.
Remember that is the experimented methods and it works 100 percent. So Go Ahead, remove your irrelevant unnatural backlinks and get recovery from Google Penguin
1) Find many linking root domains with the help of various backlink data sources. Here you can see example of OpenSiteExplorer. The data lets you know about the number of backlinks on the anchor texts. It will make you aware whether or not you have excessively worked on the site.
The top anchor texts are the anchors on which you must pay heed and are most likely the anchors that have fallen down along with the related keywords. For instance, if you have targeted [Car Dealer] with aggressive anchor text then you will witness a drop around keywords like [car dealers] and [online car dealers].
2) Go through Google analytic report as it will tell you about the number of visits on the anchor text. You should compare the reports before and after the penguin was refreshed on your site.
3) You should also have your Google webmaster reports to know about the number of clicks on the anchor texts.
4) A step further that is merging of both the reports will ensure you about the anchor texts that now have decreased number of clicks and visits.
5) Since now you might have come to know about the Anchor Texts that have declined in terms clicks or visits, it’s now time to determine the reason. The back link report will let you know about the sites to which they have linked. If the site to which your anchor texts is linked has de-indexed domain, inactive domain, low quality domain or low quality subdomain then the anchor texts are likely to witness downfall.
6) NetPeak Checker is a free tool to analyze websites, use it to run the collected data. There are four metrics that need your attention.
- Investigate for the ToolBar PageRank (TBPR) for all linking root domains and take care of the TBPR distribution.
- Enter the data to NetPeak Checker and ensure the metrics above are displayed
- After clicking on “Start Check”, the processing will take time and after its completion export data to a spreadsheet.
- On the spreadsheet : Follow the steps provided below
- Take off the domains that are dead. Mark filer on the “Status Code” column and remove the option of n/f value.
- Fabricate a Pivot Chart listing PR Main as the Row Labels and Count of PR Main as Values.
- Assess the TBPR Distribution:
- SUSPICIOUS ATTEMPTS = Less low Page Rank values (n/a and 0) backlinks and spike in the middle of the graph.
- ALARMING = several low PR backlinks.
You should focus on balancing the PR distribution and also increasing the quality of the backlinks. Take off the low quality and bad links.
7) Find out about the linking root domains of de-indexation. There might be a negative influence if there is a substantial increase of de-indexed linking root domain.
- Penalized root domains will display as “n/f” in the Google Index column but will be active in the status code column.
- Monitor the de-indexation rate from time to time with the same data to locate any negative projection in your backlink profile. You should also investigate about all the de-indexed root domains.
8) Investigate for the social metrics distribution. Bad quality websites with low social mentions could depict poor quality domains.
The best way to withdraw your backlink is by requesting to get it removed. You should draft an email requesting removal of the link, which will be sent to the webmasters who take care of the links that are detected as low quality. The mail must explain that you are an SEO or site owner and wish to overcome from a Google penalty. You should clearly mention all the URLs of the links, the URL on your site and the anchor text . All these details are required to find the link that needs to be removed.
Maintenance of the record
It is desired to properly maintain the record of linking URL, contact name, contact email, date of link removal request, and response/action taken by the linking site. This data has to be maintained that will help Google understanding your efforts of removing bad links.
It is always good to learn from the experience and don’t get indulged to link to the irrelevant sites because clean up process is really complex. This was the Guest Post on how Remove Irrelevant Unnatural BackLinks so as to recover from deadly Penguin algorithm. By : Deepak Gupta
He is an experienced internet marketing professional and active blogger. He is not just involved in offering top notch SEO services to the clients of his SEO Company but also loves to make readers aware about his viewpoint and experience on various web marketing trends.