Guide on how to point subdomain to another hosting ip address. Subdomains are the extension of primary domain and; a new folder is created in public_html folder of your hosting service every time you create a new subdomain. For example say if we have a domain blogvkp.com and if we create a new subdomain money.blogvkp.com, then new folder will be created within public_html as money. Now anything you upload into this folder will be see when you type money.blogvkp.com on your internet browser.
But their are certain web hosting services which will prevent you from creating any subdomain directory or will not give you access to public_html folder. Like ipage.com blog hosting. In this plan you can’t create more than one mysql database. So in this case we can just create new subdomain and then point it to other hosting service ip address.
POINT SUBDOMAIN TO ANOTHER HOSTING IP ADDRESS
I have created new hosting account at x10hosting.com ( Check out the review : X10HOSTING REVIEW ), I just bought new prime hosting account and then I will point my subdomain to this hosting account. My domain registrar is BIGROCK.
- First create a subdomain
- Then move to your domain central ( for ipage hosting account owners ) and if you have bought domain from godaddy or bigrock or something, then move to domain registration page
- Now check for Manage DNS
- Now click on it and you will see panel like this :
- Now you have to click on Add A Record and then you will be move to a new page which will look something like this :
- The highlighted regions will not be prefilled.
- In the host name : just enter the name of subdomain you need to create.
- In the destination IPv4 Address, just enter the shared ip address of your new hosting service.
- Then click Add Record.
- Now wait for atleast for 6 to 24 hours for DNS propagation.
- Now you have sucessfully transfered your subdomain to another host
- Once done, move to your cpanel and then move to parked domains
- Their you have to add the subdomain you created as the host name and then click add.
- Now your subdomain is hosted on another hosting service provider
This was the guide on how to point subdomain to another hosting ip address