Have thesis, but don’t know how to install thesis child themes. I am here to help you. Their are hundreds of free templates on internet, but thesis framework is above all of them.
But installing thesis skin is one of the biggest problem faced by its users. If you want to make your blog unique then its important to modify your skins on your own. Its really important when your try to establish any brand on web.
Using custom designs make our blog unique and helps establishing a brand on internet. You can also check out Thesis Theme review Remember that installing both skin and child themes are two different process.
How To Install Thesis Skin : Explained
The very first step is to grab some of them. If you don’t have any, then check out sites listed below. They all are free..
Grab any of them and then unzip it. Now you have to download a custom file. Its called thesis skin manager.
Actually its just a collection of few php files. With help of this manager you can easily activate and import settings from any kind of thesis skins.
Just follow the steps below:
- Download the manager and unzip it.
- Inside it you will get a folder named “custom”
- “Custom folder” should contain two files. One named “skins” and second called “custom_functions” its a PHP file.
- Now open you thesis folder.
- You can see “custom-sample”, just rename it to “custom”
- Then copy “skins” folder into thesis “custom” folder
- Now copy and replace skin manager “custom_function.php” file with thesis custom_function.php
Now we have successfully installed out skin manager. We have to now install our child theme.
- No just copy all the files from tt-easythesis to skin folder in thesis custom.
- once you have completed this task. You have to zip your thesis folder.
- Now upload it through FTP, web file manager ( you hosting ) or simply through wordpress theme uploader
- Now click on activate the theme.
Once you complete this task. You have to activate the skin or child theme folder.
You will see an extra link ” Skin manager “. Click on it and you will see your skin their. Now click on it and then import all the setting ( you will be automatically guide in this step ) Now you are ready to rock with your new design.
How To Install Thesis Child Theme ( Version 1.8.5 and above )
Installing them is much easier task and they have lots of much more advanced features.
Follow these steps :
- You have first install the parent thesis theme.
- You may even upload it through FTP, or web file manager
- Then simply using the wordpress theme uploader and installer, upload your child theme.
- Now before activating it, make sure to preview it.
- Then activate it.
You are done. i wish I was able to help you. Please ask your questions in comment area.