A complete guide on how to convert videos in different formats. We will be using free and trial version software. When we shoot any video, its size and its format is not always supported by most of the gadgets and websites. So in-order to reduce the size and making it compatible for gadgets and video hosting services, we have to convert them.
It’s really very easy task. Time consumption depends upon the length of your video and your quality settings.
Your input format may be almost any thing. It can be avi, MPEG, MPEG II, mp4, mkv etc.
So lets convert videos in different formats.
The very first step is to download our software. We are going to discuss about two of them. Direct download links are provided.
FreeMake : Lets start our conversion process..
- The very first thing is to download it and install the software.
- Now you should have some videos ( for conversion )
You can use free toll names cam studio for capturing the screen. If you are a gamer or blogger then you may need it.
- Now open it.
- Now you have to browser your video file.
- You files may contain audio also.
- Now you have options to change the format to either AVI, MP4, MP3, Apple, WMV, DVD, Blue-ray
- I am selecting the option AVI ( since optimized version is small in size and if of very good quality )
- My initial video ( creating banner in Photoshop ) created with cam studio is of 1.8 gb ( 5.3 minutes ). Lets see the final size.
- You have to click on the setting button.
- After that you will get new window
- Over their you can set the video codec, frame size, audio
- Then finally click on ok.
- Then finally click on the convert button and the conversion will start.
- After the process, my file size was 10.8 mb. Screen resolution is 1600 X 1200
- Now you can easily carry your video anywhere or just upload to video sharing sites and have fun.
Lets start using any video converter
I have the free version. Using AVC is really very easy. It gives you much more advanced functionality to control the video quality. You can change the codec, size, formats, audio rate, bit rates, video encodes etc. In the professional version you will get much quality features. You also get access to many other conversion formats.
- You have to click on the add files.
- Then You have to browse your desired videos.
- Then from the right hand upper corner select your format
- Then in the right hand bottom corner select your size and audio formats.
- Then finally click on the convert button.
- The process will start
- Remember that you can even crop your files within this software.
Of of them even after being free, give fantastic supports to different codes. They also works very smoothly without showing any kind of bugs. You can change very big files also. I have even converted 10 GB ( 23 minutes of tutorials ) within 8 minutes. The quality was fantastic and the resolution was maintained at 1600 X 1200.
Both of them uses very low memory and so it becomes easy to work with any software. I will recommend using them. I wish I was able to help your changing the formats of your video files. Thanks