Google author rank, next big change in Google’s algorithm. This updated is definitely going to change the future SEO scenario. Toady everyone is trying their level best to improve their web presence and going is going to take this to next level. Now they are integrating the author rank with their algorithm, which gathers the data from both website and author’s social profile.
Currently Google is bringing almost 500 different algorithmic changes. These all affects the search queries to some extent. But not all websites are on the loss. If you start optimizing your content for the future from today onwards, it very possible you will never again fear of Panda and penguin updates. So what the points to be considered for future SEO.
- Care about your social presence.
- Try to build you authority in your topic.
- Try to write content in most lucid manner.
- Create content for humans begins.
- Take care of readability scale Flesch Reading Ease.
- Try to improve your total on-page social shares, like Facebook shares, Twitter tweets, Google plus +1. ( These are most important ).
Improve Google Author Rank & Learn Its Impact
You might have an experience. While searching any know world person on Google you might have seen a different set of information being displayed on the right hand side. Below in that area you would see ” People also search for “. If you click any image, you will see a slideshow of the know influencers in that field. This is known ad Knowledge graph, which let you explore more deeply with less knowledge.
Below I am going to discuss four different factors which ca surely affect your future Search engine optimization campaign. Among all of them, the most important part is to consider the Humans. Your content management and social profile is the only way to success.
So what should be you first step ?
Your very first step is to clam the Google authorship. This is the very initial and most important step to be considered. You should have G Plus account and then you will be able to claim your authorship on any domain ( it could be website, online business or blog ).
Check out my guide : How To Verify Google Authorship
Once you conform Authorship, it would take less than 3 to 4 days for your profile image to get displayed along with your webpage on search results. Like this you will be able to get recognized in the eyes of search algorithm. But their are many different factors which has to be considered in-order to build high Google author rank.
Steps to follow.
- First setup decent profile
- Then simply add your blog or website in the contributor section. ” plus.google.com/me/about/co “
- Then from your wordpress author profile page add the link to your Google plus profile.
- Then simply verify it. ” Google.com/webmaster/tool/richsnippets “
Verify Google Authorship And Share Contents
You have to really work hard for this. Today this Google plus have something close to 500 million users. And so its really important to build authorship in your niche, since then only other peoples will include you in their circle. The more peoples have you in their plus circle, the better will be your Author Rank.
You can check my guide on how to verify Google authorship markup. Follow the steps provides and it may take from few days to even few week for your profile image to be visible on SERPs.
But what about the quality of the community you have build up.
- The number of peoples have them in their circle
- Their Google plus shares
- Their influence in their niche
- Peoples or brands they are following
Tips For Getting Popular On Google Plus
- Share funny images or videos ( but remember to be in your topic )
- You can create inforgraphics and share them too
- Share content that could get 1+
- Follow those who follow you ( but not always )
Overall you can say that social media plays the most vital role in your current and future SEO. Its very simple to understand that you have to bring complete change in your content strategy. Since today its time to create such articles which peoples would like to share. And according to Google’s own analysis social signals are much less spammy as compared to SEO signals ( On-page and Off page search engine optimization efforts ).
Make sure you don’t only put your full attention to Google plus shares. Their are many other social sites like Facebook ( likes ), Twitter ( shares ) which can affect you rank.
Create Content That Rocks But Being In Your Niche
Specially after release of Google panda and penguin updates, the real meaning of SEO has just changed. Today no webmaster will ever care about keyword density or meta keyword tags. The main concept is to create content for readers, visitors or simply humans. And its the only thing which Google wants from every blogger and webmaster. So make sure you follow webmaster guidelines and write informative, easy to understand, engaging content.
My Personal Tips For SEO Friendly Content Writing :
- Perform keyword research through free ad-word keyword suggestion tool, or with trial version of Market samurai
- Don’t care about keyword density ( max 2% and then use LSI, long tail and easy to rank keywords )
- Keyword placement is important ( place your important phrases in first and last 50 words, highlight them, use them in H1, H2, H3 )
- Always include at-least one image per post
- Try to start your post with : Do you know, Want to know, Amazing tips etc.
- Try to archive Flesch Reading Ease copy score of at-least 70.
- Always share your post to top do-follow bookmarking sites. This will help you get more social shares and will finally help you boost your Google author rank.
Comments On Your Posts
Yes Google is going to even consider comments in their next generation algorithm to rank any webpage on SERPs. Google is most likely going to count both comments on your website and you Google plus shares. So make sure you follow my SEO friendly content writing tips. This will make sure you article is easy to read and is still search engine friendly.
You can also check out few of my articles :
Responding to each and every comment can be the best way to increase your comments per post. You can also try to share your posts on social bookmarking and networking websites. You can also drive referral traffic through article submission on web2.0 sites. I personally prefer using squidoo, Hubpages. They all bring something close to 500 visitors per month to my blog. This is the best way to increase your comments rate per post.
Guest Posting On High Authority Blogs
This is the best way to get recognized in the blog sphere. Say if you perform guest posts on blogs like problogger or copyblogger. You one single post can drive more than 1000 visitors within a week. They also have very good page-rank and their domain authority is outstanding. Most of their articles start competing withing few minutes.
Whats are the benefits :
- Your will see an outstanding social shares
- You will be able to build better audience ( they can bring lots of direct traffic to your blog )
- You can build backlinks to your internal and homepage
- It will help you improve your PR and Increase Alexa rank
Google Author Rank Infographic
This infographics has been collection from visual.ly. I am really thankful to clixlogix for create such an information art for us.
How It Can Benefit You.
Its an effort from search engine giant to stop web-spam and rank real and genuine bloggers. If you keep on publishing unique and informative articles, then many different webmasters in your niche will add you in their circle. This will boost your authority in your niche or field. This is also an innovative method to find the most relative content for googlers.
Before many low quality webpages were getting high positions on SERPs, since link schemes can be manipulated very easily. But after giving the weightage to social signal, there will be complete change in link building methods. And this is what search engine giant wants. They want real information by known peoples.
Since you have good reputation in your topic, so Google thinks that you will surely create an outstanding content which will benefit different searchers. So most probably you articles will get better positions on search engine result pages.
You can also check out post at Forbes. Its why to care for Google author rank.