What are your common blogging mistakes. Ever wondered why you are getting less traffic. Why you are losing your readers and subscribers. You are not making even a single dollar a day. And you are also not getting any social appreciations. Just try to think, try to stress on your mind and might the answer come out.
Okay Finally answer is : I don’t know. But I have the opinion for you. Here I am going to list and discuss few of the most important ones
Our Common Blogging Mistakes
So lets start our discussion. We will discuss almost every aspect of blogging and will see if you have not performed or have focused on it little bit more.
Quality Content Speaks Always
Your blog express your personality, don’t spam on your blog at-least. I think this is not applicable for every blogger, but most of you have auto blog plugins to automate your task of publishing scrape contents with images and videos.
Do you think you readers needs them. I don’t think so. Copy and paste used to work three to fours back, but not now. Even after using the spinners and spinning services, you are not doing any good for web nor for yourself. Poor content doesn’t only means scrap and worthless ones, but it also means incomplete, not informative, only self promoting.
You can get more information on blogging topic from
- You can use directories for information on any of your topic. Read their posts, but then craft your own unique ones from them.
- Be informative while writing.
- Try to explain each and every aspect in the most detailed way you can.
- Present your work in attractive and detailed manner
- Use good images and video for better explanation and interactions.
- Remember that google loves YouTube, so create 1 to 2 minute videos and include them wherever possible.
- Subscribe to Ezine newsletters, squidoo and google webmaster helps.
- Make a habit to read copyblogger and problogger.
Move for your readers : Understand Needs
Every company, whether its Google or Microsoft know that they can make profit only when they present or develop what their users want. The same goes for every businessman and blogger. Until and unless you provide unique and informative posts, your subscribers and visitors won’t return to your website ever. And when no views, then no use of having any blog. I don’t think you will make even a dollar with any spammer on web.
- The best idea is to perform a survey. Currently many social sites and blog are willing to know, what their viewers want from them. You can also conduct one. Use service like survey monkey.
- Use google analytic to see what are the top viewing pages, or see the landing and exit pages.
- Use webmaster tools to get information on the keywords which brings you out on web and what’s your average position.
- See the comments and involvement. See the top commented articles. You can check the average visit time on your top posts.
- Create a checklist of all the best articles, and then create the new ones on the topic related to them
- After position check in webmaster tools, start link building for those individual keywords for better SERPs. Read this post : Building Natural Links
Optimizing For Robots And You Never Cared Humans
This is most common blogging mistakes. And you have also made the same. Just move to your blog and read your self written sentences.
Then check yourself, whether you can read them. If the answer is no, then how other humans can understand it ( I assume you are human )
By over optimization I mean, keyword stuffing, using your targeting words too many time throughout the content structure.
If you have ever read google webmaster guidelines, then you must have seen those highlighted terms. They have also asked publishers to craft such contents which is natural. They want you to create contents for peoples and not search bots. Be normal is speech or use your special tone, but please don’t focus on ” SEO “. You can use the methods discussed below. Those suggestions are provided by Easy WP SEO plugin ( Premium )
- Use your main keyword in first sentence of description, your post.
- Use main word in title ( In the starting if its possible )
- Bring variations in your permalink for individual content, use maximum LSI words in your link structure. Good when trying to focus on different topics ( I will suggest to focus on one topic at a time )
- Use H2 and H3 as headlines and put your focus words in them.
- Make sure your title is H1.
Please read my posts for better guidance :
- Write blog description for better SEO
- WordPress SEO For 2012
You theme structure should be such, that it should always help in exploring your site. You should use custom menus which is available in WordPress 3.0 and beyond for creating in-depth navigation channels. You should always provide separate place so that your latest visitors can contact you. You can use tags search in order to provide better search experience. Introduce search bars, and please don’t hide them. Bring it to front face. You can also use Google’s custom search bars and include adsense to them in-order to make profit.
These type of common blogging mistakes should be marked as worst. I doesn’t only affects your SEO, but also prevents your form proving better experience to your readers. If you consider me then, I think your older posts will rank much better than your latest ones. Then why not promote the old one. You must have heard of ” Old Is Gold “. This isn’t true always. But when it comes to topics which can never change then you have to be vigorous. With old content you can easily rank to first position.
- You just need social promotion, link building and interlinking.
- Link your most visited pages which are old, with your latest ones.
- Use good anchor text and also perform regular tweets and Facebook sharing.
If you really want to get better place in result pages of google, then you have use canonical URL’s. Its the best way to tell the actual content on your blog. Say any two of your blog content matches, then you can add rel=”canonical” and search bots will understand which one is the original.
You should not use the 301 redirection.
I wish I was able to explain you the top common blogging mistakes. Please read my related posts for better understanding. Please leave your suggestions.